I started reading Bob Harper's (The Biggest Loser trainer) book "Are you Ready!" this week. I am trying to put into practice some of the things he mentions. I need to find something about myself that I DO like and focus on that. Learning to love ourselves and accept ourselves as we are is the first step in all this weight loss mind game. Because, that is really what it is....a mind game. Our mind is an amazing thing but it can hinder us when it comes to doing things we want. If we doubt ourselves, put ourselves down, etc., our mind remembers and doesn't allow us to accomplish what we set out to do.
In a nutshell, we have to reprogram our brains to be able to let the weight come off. Stop setting ourselves up for failure, which is what we are ultimately afraid of anyway. Who really wants to fail at anything?! But, if we don't allow ourselves to take risks in ANY area of our lives, we will never have the chance to succeed! Today is the day that I allow myself to take risks, to not be afraid of failure (because it is in allowing myself to fail that I succeed!) in all areas of my life, not just with my weight! I will program myself to push forward toward my goals, even if there are setbacks along the way...I will dust myself off when I fall, and I will get back up and get right back at it! I will be a much stronger person because of my failures. I would much rather try and fail, then to have never tried at all!
Here's to my success! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you, Tamara! I am having a rough time lately with all of this, but reading your post, as usual, has encouraged me to envision success!
You are an inspiration, my friend!
Post a Comment