Monday, January 5, 2009

Back at it again!

Well, after a few months and a few pounds added, I am back. And this time, it's for me!!! I started at 216.6 on December 21, 2008. That was a little hard to take, but I decided I am going to do something about it this time. So, I started working out on my boss' elliptical machine. I take the kids to school, come back to the house and throw a load of laundry in and then go upstairs and work out. I try to burn between 450-650 calories per workout. I have been doing that 5 days/week for the past three weeks. Imagine how excited I was when I stepped on the scale last Saturday and realized that I had lost 3.6 lbs....and over the Holidays even!! I have been keeping track of my food intake and exercise on Prevention.com using their 'health tracker'. It has been working very well for me.

Sean suggested I go out and buy an 'inspiration' outfit and hang it where I can see it often. So, the other day I went to Kohl's and bought a work out outfit in a size medium....I don't EVER remember wearing a size that small....except maybe middle school?! LOL

2 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Quick workout Q for you...about how much cardio time would you do to burn that many calories? When I do the elliptical for 45 minutes, I'm lucky if I even break 400! We're almost the same weight, so I'm just wondering if I need to adjust the intensity.

1coolpch said...

Sarah...I do about 40 minutes total, which includes a 5 minute cool down. I usually have it set on 6 or 7 for the resistance. If I am doing intervals on it, I do 5 or 6 for 3 minutes and 1 minute at 10 or 11 and continue until I reach my cool down at 35 minutes. Hope that helps. If you can, do the intervals at least 2 days per week.