What an exciting day in the McCool household! First, yesterday evening we spotted really dark clouds that looked just a tad bit freaky to me. :) I thought I was seeing things, but they were actually rotating and moving fast! Then the sky turned this funky green color....oh boy. Syd was really starting to freak out, but I told her we were fine, there was no funnel cloud dropping out of it. Then the wind started to blow like crazy and the rain came down...along with lots of thunder and lightening. Needless to say, we were ok...no tornado, just some damaging winds.
Then, thanks to the rain cooling everything off, we decided to sleep with the windows open instead of using the A/C...save a few bucks, ya know? :) Well, we were rudely awakened by the wailing of sirens around 1:45am, it just sounded really weird and then it wound down like it was dying and then never went past the house. So, me being the curious, ambulance-chasing person that I am, I looked out the window and was like 'it's right behind us, you can see the lights reflected on the windows of the house across the street!'. So, we threw on our clothes, ran to look out Syd's window and there was this weird glow and smoke billowing everywhere! We ran downstairs and you could really smell the smoke in the house, so we quickly closed all the windows and cranked up the A/C. Then Sean ran downstairs to get the camera and raced out the door. :) We both went out the back and into the alley to the road and saw it was the 3rd townhouse in the row behind us. Talk about close! Thankfully, they were able to get everyone out, but what excitement! There were firetrucks everwhere...even a big ladder truck. You could hear the firefighters smashing in the windows and just the sounds and smell of everything was a little overwhelming. I stood there watching, remembering when gram and pop's house burnt down so many years ago, and praying for the safety of the people inside. It was so difficult getting back to sleep again after coming in, but I'd say we finally fell into bed after 3am. Whew....what a night!
Good news is, when I woke up this morning, I lost another 2 1/2 lbs!! I am officially 205lbs....I started back on the Fat Smash diet after going off of it for a week or so. I also have gotten serious about my workouts...Monday I walked for 60 minutes and ran for 10 minutes in the morning, then came home from work and jumped rope for 10 minutes/intervals and then did my weights. Yesterday I went walking with a neighbor for 1 hour and 15 minutes and covered 5.2 miles...that's averaging 4+mph! Awesome! Then today I walked Syd to school (it's about a mile to/from school) and did my weights when I got home. It feels so awesome! I am so glad that God is helping me be motivated and helping me do this! I couldn't do it without him. It is great having Sean's support also...on Monday he was out there with me jumping rope and then helping me with my weights when we came inside. I have such an awesome husband and I am SO glad that he is mine. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment