Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still at it....day 10!

I'm back! My boss motivated me last night to go work out this morning. So, I took the kids to school and then stopped at the park near our house. It has a 2.1 mile trail that winds along the lake and has a nice variety of hills (ugh!) and curves to keep up the interest. :) I hate being bored when I walk. The scenery is incredible now, when you get to the top of some of the hills you see the lake and the mountains in the distance. What a beautiful world God has made for us!! I did the first lap walking fast and running up the hills....that will kill ya. LOL Then I decided to push myself harder and when I got to the end of the trail I turned around and went the opposite way for 1/2 mile and turned around and came back. Three miles down!! Whoo hoo! Boy, was I beat when I was done, but it was a great accomplishment for me.

I am still sticking to my 'life change'....I hate to use the term diet. I think it is over rated. I have added a protein shake w/yogurt and flaxseed oil as one of my snacks during the day. That really seems to help and it keeps me feeling full too. I think alot of times we do not get enough protein in our diet and that is hindering our weight loss.

I was so excited yesterday afternoon when I put on my jeans, that had just come out of the dryer, and they weren't tight!! They are ALWAYS tight after washing them! Yippee! I can and am doing this! I am on my way to being a 'skinny chick'....Praise the Lord and thank you Jesus!

No comments: